23.9.09

I'm home!!!! Well. . . at my current home :)


They let me out!! Andrea gave the nurses some wise words and they let me go at 2PM yesterday after checking my blood again. I just had to sign a paper saying I left against doctors orders. Such a rebel. I got home took a shower, ate some chocolate (the fam got me four bars of chocolate and their friend I had met also got me four so I have eight bars of chocolate to eat! The kids and I are going to make a bet how long they will last. ), called home and chatted with Mom and Dad and told them I would try to lay low, laid out on the deck in a comfy chair that Andrea put out for me and read a book while Andrea went to go get Oscar and Emily and go to Oscar's soccer practice. The sun felt amazing!! So this is a picture of my battle wounds. :) 18 stitches and then the drainage bandage to keep my insides from falling out. haha. After my shower I put on a new bandage over the spot where my drainage thingy had been and Andrea looked at it and said it looked like I had a nose in my stomach. I mean, I guess it's actually two holes! I'm going to take a picture of it today after my shower and we shall see if it still looks like I have holes in my body. I get all the stitches taken out on Sunday morning at 9AM. Seems a strange time to me. Eek. Gosh I am glad to be out of the hospital. One of the guys who had to take my blood pressure told me they didn't want to let me go because the nurses had fallen in love with me. Ha! When I was leaving yesterday he told me he was going to find me on facebook and that when I felt better he would have to take me out in the city. Ha! He's adorable. And probably 19. I did get one last glimpse of my cute ultrasound guy though. :) I can't believe how many people were "working" on me though. I had about three main doctors, the surgeon, three young guys who were the nurses helpers, and about 5 nurses? Besides all the doctors I saw the first day. Sheesh. I feel pretty normal besides my slow pace and sudden bouts of complete exhaustion. My elbow pits are a bit tender still from the IV and all the times they took blood for me. Thankfully they could always find my vein so I didn't have to suffer like my brother because they had trouble finding his veins all the time or something when he had his appendix issues in February/March. It's a beautiful day today so I am going to take a leisurely walk. haha. No one is going to want to go on a walk with me for awhile I think! Bis Später!