12.9.09

And it's the weekend.

I can't believe that I have only been here 5 days. I feel like it's been much longer - in a postive way. I love Frankfurt! I love that I can bike all over the place in so short a time. And I'm really good at finding my way back. Good thing I have a good sense of direction. So we started the process for my visa and I went and took my test to find out what German class level I'll get into. I had to take part of a multiple choice test and then bring it back to have it graded and then I was given a prompt for writing an e-mail to a friend and then after they looked at that I had to go back and take the rest of the multiple choice test and then after that I had to tell the guy what I had done the previous day and then finally he decided to put me into level six German. After you finish this level you get some special certificate and then it is four more classes or so until you get to the point where you have to be in order to get into the universities here so I think I'm doing pretty well. Their previous au pair didn't know any German before she came and she finished up to the class where I am starting so if I can complete six levels too I think I'll be set!!

The kids have been great. Typical siblings and loud so it's a good thing I come from a loud family. :) We've been playing a lot on the trampoline, building forts, reading, playing with friends, etc. Today I rode around town without my map and then got it out to find my way up to Oscar's soccer game. Adorable seven year olds playing and just like in the states there are the crazy mom's screaming so loud to get their kid running faster. Then we went back to the house for some lunch and then I met up with another aupair named maike who is absolutely adorable - sadly she is leaving in a month having already been here for a year. And the crazy thing is that she is from Newberg!! Small world. Anyways she is fabulous and is going to show me around a bit. She's my new friend. :) She also informed me that she has found the police men here to be quite attractive so now I have to keep my eye out right? lol.

I went running in the park yesterday and there was a woman I swear was like 60 years old and she was running faster and longer then me. Oh dear. Maike is running the the marathon here next month and when she first got here she ran at most 3 miles so that is some inspiration. Not that I am going to run a marathon or anything. Yuck. But she says the weather is pretty good so I'm happy. This big park is like a two second bike ride from the house and when I run around the perimeter of it all it takes about 15minutes. It's wonderful to have it right there! So great. Sorry guys - not coming home! Just kidding. I think.

I put some pictures up on facebook and I haven't quite figured out how to do it on here/haven't really tried/to lazy at this point to do it. Soon though!

The weather has been perfect, the family is great - I'm loving it. I've talked with johanna and maria a couple times already, I've gotten mail already (love you steph!), and all is well at home. Right?? No one is getting engaged that I need to know about?!

Also, Ich bin schon sehr mueder. Guten Nacht!