9.9.09

Guten Morgen!

So I am rested and well. :) I woke up at 9:30 this morning - 12 hours of sleep! - in my quaint little room, had some jogurt for breakfast - no stomach ache yet! - and then got on my bike and rode around to get a sense of the area on my own. I rode through the nearby park which is really pretty and then into the near town - Bockenheim - and then back the the house. Then Andrea - the Momma - took me down to the school again so that I will be able to find it on my own this afternoon when I pick up Emily and take her to a Birthday party. I really like that there are bikes everywhere and everything really is accessible by foot, biking, or the train. Now I am eating some of my favorite chocolate - thanks hil!!! Yesterday went really well. The Dad - Phillip - has decided that when with him we will converse in German and then with the kids of course I will speak english. Although I sometimes sneak in a few German sentences and ask them how to say things in German. :) Their english is perfect and they are completely adorable! Yesterday I played some soccer with Oscar - he's really good! - and Emily and I played on the trampoline. We also played with a harry potter sticker book, which naturally I loved.

The only problem so far - the big spider in the corner of my room. Ah! And I need to work on the whole showering without a curtain and spraying water all over the ground. There must be a trick to this. Please let me know if you know the secret!

That's all for now folks!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin