25.3.10

PS

I forgot to mention - my Wednesday lunch date that I have every week with a group of women from all over the world - well, last week a few of us also when to Adriana's on Friday to eat some Mexican food!!!!!! Adriana is from Mexico, married to a German she met in Vancouver. She made Mexican for me, Ning, and Charlotte (who is now over a week due!). I consumed tortillas covered in guac, salsa, black beans, hot peppers, and lemon juice. yummmmmmm. It was amazing. We also drank this delicious Mexican rice drink that is kind of like rice milk with cinnamon in it - oh it was amazing. I'd never heard about it before.. Don't know where you can get it in Oregon. Yesterday we went to a cafe called Barcelona in the middle of the city and soaked up the sun for two leisurely hours and ate some yummy food (I split Spanish style potatoes with grilled vegetables with Ning) and desserts (Split fried strawberry apple yumminess with vanilla sauce with Adriana).

I miss hiking with the dogs and friends&fam (whit! brian! jen!). I miss the smells of the forest. I miss Oregon wine. And wine tasting with my girls. Yes I do. I'm on my way out to find some wine stores and scour the shelves for Oregon wine. Wish me luck! And then I'm getting my hair cut - first time since I've gotten here! I need my Kayleen. Then to the bake sale at the kids school, which I made some cupcakes for. Each class performed a piece for the parents Tuesday and again today. Emily and Oscar's class did Green Eggs and Ham. Oscar was the main character (did a FABULOUS job) and Emily was the mouse (so CUTE!). I was very proud. :)

Officially not staying with the family - still searching for jobs around Frankfurt but also the rest of Europe too. Any hints, advice - let me know! :)