8.3.10

Schwarze Piste Bitte!

Got back last night from skiing fun with the family in the Alps. We left Wednesday night for Grainau which is right outside of Garmisch-Partenkirche where the tallest mountain, the Zugspitze, in Germany is. We, that is Phillip, Andrea, Oscar, Emily, me, Anki, Nico, Moritz, Lily, and Nico's daughter Katherina (whose wedding we are going to in Tuscany in July!!) stayed at a great aunt's inherited house. Thursday morning we grabbed our skis and headed up the mountain where it was completely covered in fog. Literally you could not see twenty feet in front of you. I decided this was a good thing. Since my experience skiing with my Schödel family with Amy where I fell down 500 times in two days I think not being able to see how steep the hills were worked to my advantage! By the end of the day I was a pro! Well, almost. Ok not even close but WAY better then when I went with my Schödels. Sheesh I wish I could have skied this well when I was with them - I would have been a lot more fun. Ha! In the four days I only took one big tumble and that was the first day. By the forth day I was going down the black diamonds - the hardest slopes - and racing Oscar over the bumps. I was completely impressed with Anki and Nico, who at 75 and 62 years of age could go down the black diamonds. Crazyness I tell you. Yep we skiied down all those hills shown behind Oscar. So much fun. Now I'm sad I have to wait a whole year to do it again! man. Now back to school. Look at the nerd with her eyes closed in this pictures. Bah!