17.4.10

I love the sun!

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day! Got up about 8:30, read some harry potter with Oscar (almost to page 500 of the fourth book. woot!), ate my favorite meal of the day, organized, and then met Katie in the park near her house to do some boot camp. We've been pretty good the last week doing boot camps every couple of days. Quite entertaining on Thursday at her house working out on the heated floor trying to avoid the ants and doing some wacko work out from one of the trainers from that fat people show. Good times. After our boot camp we jumped on our bikes to go up to the Goethe Turm which is a nice uphill ride outside of the city. It is 147m above the city and, today being a wonderfully blue sky kind of day, offers amazing 360 views. It was beautiful. Too bad my camera was dead (idiot!) and the after four pictures Katie's died (redonculous). So we will be back. The weather was perfect - light wind and almost 70degrees. We rode down into the city and wound our way around the flee market on the river and then found a park where we just laid out and chilled for a bit. Then into the city to the Hauptwache where we got to witness the huge organized pillow fight!! So mad my camera wasn't working. If whit was here I would definitely have been involved in that pillow fight with her. :) There was probably 100 plus people all with pillows going crazy hitting each other. Good times! Then we were off to the grocery store. Picked up some goods and then headed to my place where we made the amazing flourless chocolate cakes, guacamole, a giant salad, and consumed a lot while sitting on the terrace with a nice glass of wine. I miss Oregon wine. Have I mentioned that? I'm on a search to find some at a wine store here. I should probably be drinking the wine from here though huh? Right. I'll work on that. It was a lovely day - the warm weather just makes everything so much better. I love spring!!!!

MEGAN BOUGHT HER TICKET!!!!!! AKA we are going to Greece!!! Stephanie is coming too but we aren't sure yet how long yet. SO EXCITED!!! We will be going to Athens then to three of the Greek Islands - Mykonos, Naxos, and Santorini. So stoked. ALSO I talked to my good friend Lauren last week and she is coming to Germany for a month or so this summer!!!!!!!! A;SLDKJA;SLDKFJ She will be visiting another friend of hers who is now teaching here and then when I'm back from Greece I will be playing with them as well. Oh good news. It is a good day. Now just need to get a job for next year!

Here are a couple pictures from Berlin:
Jewish Memorial - a lot of people playing hide and go seek in here! The stones get about 10ft tall. Potsdamer Platz in the background.


Berlin Cathedral









 Sanssouci Palace is Potsdam






That is all for now folks. More pictures to come soon. :)