3.8.11

I would like my schedule please.

Last Mexican Supper :(
I know this will be hard for some of you to believe, but I stayed out till 5AM on Saturday night. Who's proud?! Gosh it was torture for a couple of hours but the company was great and then I got my second wind. I do know that I am definitely not a night owl though! My goodness. I was with Brittany (replacement au pair) and friend Jörg and Katherine for a bit. We hung out on the Ziel - got creeped out by a guy literally sniffing at Jörg's leg. I'm enjoying drinking in public again. It's so much nicer to just go to the store, buy a bottle of whatever (or chocolate), and then chill outside and people watch. Made some new friends. . .

Jörg has given me his old bike! So that is just AWESOME. It's a boy bike and I always feel like I am racing around on it super speedy like. It's fun. :)

I work with some fabulous people! The Canadians are a hoot and a holler and the Germans are also grand. The school is HUGE. Sadly, we found out we can't play on the grass until Spring most likely so that it can root itself. This week we have been working on setting up our respective classrooms and the teaching assistants (me) have been getting our schedules all worked out. I can officially tell you when I have to be at school now! Yay! I still don't know what holiday camps I will be working but hopefully that will all be sorted out by Friday. HOPEFULLY. There are some pushy ones who are making this a little more difficult... I made the mistake of playing the piano in the music classroom and then the music teacher decided I was recruited to play the piano for her choir. She through out some big names and talked about the kids singing at the Opera house and how I MUST help! So she is going to give me some piano music. Ummm... I am not my mother. I can not play the piano like that! Oy. We will see what happens with that. She also decided that I needed to be in a choir?? What am I getting myself into!!?? I also am going to be baking maybe every week with the reception class (yay!), doing a gymnastics club (if only we had some trampolines...), and then one more afternoon care time slot. I am NOT working in the mornings as I was scheduled to do as I am a push over and let the Mother's have the mornings. So. I am helping almost 50/50 in a second grade class and a reception class (think Kindergarten). And one random 3rd grade science class. What I will be doing is up to the teachers and I to figure out together. The teachers I work with are the cream of the crop. The 2nd grade teacher (German cutie) is in charge of the whole school basically as well so he has a lot on his shoulders. The reception teacher (darling Canadian) is in charge of all reception classes. I'm with the bigwigs. :)

I saw my friend Charlotte yesterday! We went and picked up her daughter at her care place. I can't believe how big she has gotten! I guess she is 8 months older... I think she totally remembers me because she was giving me all smiles and snuggled right into me. Yay! She is such a precious little girl. I think she is going to be a little confused for awhile since all of "the women" have different native languages i.e. we are talking to her in German, French, English, Polish, Spanish, and Chinese. Ha!

READ THE BOOKS AND GO SEE THE MOVIE DAD.
Going to my first Germany family this weekend to celebrate Johanna and Ben's birthdays! Yipeeee! So excited to see them!!!!!!!!!


School starts next week. I'll bring out the camera soon so for now these few pics from NYC will have to suffice... If you want more e-mail me and I'll send you the link to the rest.