26.7.11

Ready, set, go!

 I left my camera cord at home and have failed to go to a shop to look for one like it yet so no pictures yet. Although I could use my phone. Hmm.. Next time!

Orientation has begun and there are about 20 new people who I will be working with at Phorms! I'm pretty excited. The newbies include mostly Canadians, Germans, and Americans with a few outliers from England, Indonesia and Poland. The Steinbach campus is really beautiful and they sure have a lot of work to get done on the new grounds before school starts on the 8th. Today we learned about using Smart Boards, which is the reinvented chalkboard/whiteboard computer. It's pretty cool. Reminds me of KidPix but you get to use your hands to add/subtract from what is on the board. Fun fun advanced technology! As of now I will be a teaching assistant for a Kindergarten class and a 2nd grade class and I also have asked to help out in the Library. Not sure yet about living situation - I will probably stay here at the house through August and maybe find my own place in September.

Going to Eichstätt next weekend to celebrate Johanna and Benjamins birthdays! Yipee!!! Can't wait to see all my lovely Schödel's. Other then that fabulous trip I haven't planned anything else yet. Surprised? I am! Maybe after I get my first paycheck things will change. Hahaha.

I've finished most of my administrative tasks this week. I'm feeling very grateful that I already know the area and can also speak German, as many of the newbies that are native English speakers don't speak German AND don't know the area so they have a lot more new information coming at them than I do. Today I worked out my tax number papers and so the last thing to do is my visa, which will hopefully be all sorted out on Friday morning. Still need to figure out my phone situation (I think ATT is wanting to make me pay lots of money for my data plan even though I won't be using it...) and also getting a bike, although I may borrow one for a couple months from a friend and then use the "au pair" bike once Brittany heads home in October.

Love being back in this house with the family. It's so much fun having the kiddos around. And having Brittany here too.

Finished book two of the Hunger Games and am a third of the way through the last book. I don't want to put it down!!

Two of the Canadians are going to the Harry Potter movie tonight. I think I'm going to be just fine. ;)