24.8.11

There are naked people in the park.

Staff BBQ - Kicking the ball around.
Surprisingly, I haven't been through my favorite Grüneberg Park that often yet. Today, on my bike ride home from the bus stop, I went through Grüneberg after hitting up the Rewe for some groceries. As I am passing through the park I look around and there to my right, not that far away, is a nice man all splayed out hoping to get a suntan. Naked. This should not be shocking to me, as I know the park and that this area often has naked people laying out when the weather is nice, but clearly I have been in the States for a while and am not used to seeing a lot of naked adults lying about. Not 20 minutes after I got home it started storming and thundering like crazy and looked like it was 8PM outside (besides the crazy bright lightning) so I can only imagine what happened to all those lovely naked people. :)
Walk in the forest next to the school!


The school is huge.
I have been having such a great time here. I can't believe it has already been over a month since I got here. And, as I have said, I am so at home. The family is like my family so it is easy for me to feel right at home. Work has been crazy. Three days a week I do not get home till almost 8PM. I can't say enough how much I like the people I work with. They are so fabulous. Every Friday two people bring treats for the rest of the staff. Every week there has been a BBQ/Volleyball game. This weekend we are going on the beer bike around the city. I have a trip planned with one of the other TA's to Belgium in a couple weeks. There is a group of us going to Heidelberg on my birthday to watch fireworks. I adore some of the kids that I get to teach and work with two amazing teachers. I am so fascinated by how well they can teach!

Kayleen is going to have a baby any second and I am so excited. I'm sad to be missing out on the birth of her first baby girl, but I am still so stoked to meet her over skype. Yay for me becoming a crazy auntie!!!!

Not too much to report besides the daily grind. Worked a house warming party last weekend - was fun to cut rocks with the kids. Walked around the town and went to my favorite restaurants/shops. Swimming this weekend if the weather behaves.

Don't forget to write me.




The kids aren't allowed to go on the grass yet. Proves to be a problem when kicking balls around...