5.9.12

Last year?

Got back at 8:30AM Monday morning. Andrea picked me up at the airport and I dropped my bags off at home, washed my face, and then raced out the door. Andrea was a little disturbed that I wasn't showering! Hitting the ground running works best for me I think. School that day was a whirlwind of getting around to my new classes (I sound like a student!), saying hello to everyone, and meeting all the new faces. My schedule is so much better than last year and it takes me 10 minutes to bike to the school aka I am loving it. Seeing Oscar and Emily was also fabulous. My little siblings!! :)


Just a couple more exercises after the run.
On Friday I headed out after school (I get to leave at 3!!) to catch a train to Bavaria to see my German family AND Kyle who had flown in that morning. Train delayed, missed next train, etc so I didn't get in until late. We headed straight for a party at the cousins house for birthday celebrations. Esther's bday was Friday, Kyle's was Saturday and mine was Monday so we had plenty of cake over the weekend (I got my own special gluten free peach pie). It was great seeing the whole extended clan of cousins! Johannes (Johanna's fiance) came also to stay the weekend. Saturday we got up and went for what was supposed to be a 30 minute run, but with a little persuasion I turned into an 80 minute run so we could go see a cave where mammoth bones had been found 100 years ago. I thought it was a great way for Kyle to start his birthday! :p It was a beautiful, leisurely jog through the woods with Johannes, Kyle, Johanna and Esther. Johannes and I decided we needed to race up the hills, so there was a bit of a challenge involved as well. :) Played games in the afternoon, visited a possible venue for the wedding at a remodeled stable, and then had delicious dinner, more games and drinking, and then bed. Sunday we had a nice calm morning before heading out to an "adventure park" where we met up with Susi (my original exchange partner) to go zip lining and to a ropes course. It was awesome. I love doing it! Then they dropped me off at the train. Such a quick weekend. I will be back soon though bc a neighbor of theirs just moved to Frankie so I can get rides with her back and forth! AWESOME!!


I've eaten plenty of chocolate this week because of my birthday. One class sang me Happy Birthday and one of my classes threw me a "surprise birthday party" where they sang for me, made me a sign, and we had cake and a dance party. Pretty special! The weather has been pretty perfect as well. Had a nice workout around my park before celebrating with the family and then I headed out to meet friends for a lovely dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It was a great birthday!!

Settlers German style. For Kyle's birthday I lost terribly.
Met Sarah's baby! He is already one month old! I haven't gotten to snuggle him too much though because he is always sleeping. Boo. Her mom got in on Monday and we had sushi yesterday so I got to meet her. Sarah and Sebastian's wedding is next weekend! And the baby Johannes's baptism - where I am the Godmother! AH! Now I can't leave, right?

So many birthday cakes
 Kyle, Johanna, and Esther come to Frankie tomorrow to hang out for the weekend. YAY!! Excited to play with them some more.

I've been back for almost two weeks and the question keeps jumping around in my head: is this my last year here? For now? I am loving my new location, smack dab in the city, and the people are great. Although I am terribly missing Lindsay and her side kick. :) Johanna is getting married in August so I have awhile before I leave, but the thought is there...