30.9.12

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!

My little sister is 23. Wow. Haven't been around her too much for the past 3 years. Maybe that will change next year?? It will according to this dream I had...

Can I handle sitting still? Yes, people I can. I like to read a good book. I like to watch movies. But most of all, I like to be surrounded by my friends and family having a good laugh. These past few weeks have been filled with plenty of good laughs!



Sarah and Sebastian got married a couple weeks ago and their son, Johannes (Jack), was baptized. The wedding was at Sebastian's parents house and it was beautiful, touching, and a lot of fun. We danced, cried, ate, and laughed a lot. Sarah's mom was there for the festivities and she did quite an amazing time with all the German that was being thrown at her. I got to play with a lot of babies, including the largest baby I have ever seen who I danced to sleep.







Went on the Rhein River Tour to Loreley with some friends last weekend. The weather behaved in the sense that it did not rain, but it was chilly! We braved the top deck of the boat the whole time so we would have the best views of the castles. We left from Assmannshausen - the best named city out there obviously. We ran up the super steep hill between the wine bushes to get to the sign for the town.  Best short cut ever. 3 and a half hours, a couple glasses of Glühwein, and plenty of castles later we were thoroughly impressed with the tour.

Had game night last night at Charlotte's and drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of cheese. This morning got up nice and early to go meet friends to run in the Breast Cancer Run. Had a lovely brunch afterwards and came home to bake and organize and enjoy the sun rays.

Babysitting little Johannes tomorrow so Sarah can go out with her hubby for her birthday. Beer bike on Tuesday night, because we don't have to work Wednesday (Germany Unity Day) so 20+ of us are getting together to drink beer and apple wine and ride around the city. Good start to the week.

Adventures planned up till Xmas: Oktoberfest in beautiful boss man's village (I might eat meat), hopefully meeting up with Tyler and Kim in Paris (they are doing a month long Europe tour starting like tomorrow), Madrid/Barcelona, Regensburg to visit Johanna and then home to her house in Walting, London with "The Women," day trips to different cities for the Weihnachtsmärkte (Xmas markets), and possibly Hamburg or Amsterdam, and then to Walting to be with my German family for Xmas... PHEW! And then Kayleen and Jen are coming to visit me the first week or so in January!!!! So excited for them to come and experience why I love Europe so so much. Gah!!!