17.5.10

Eichstätt! Scratch that... Walting!

I spent this weekend with my wonderful German family in Walting while the family here was away visiting friends in Moscow. It was a long weekend, no class on Friday, so we all fled from Frankfurt on Thursday morning. At the Schödel's house I got to catch up with the fam, eat a lot of amazing food (aka stop my three and a half week strike on chocolate), listen to Klaus, Ben, Johanna, and Maria play their fabulous Bavarian music at a neighborhood festival, go on long walks with my girls, go shopping with friend Olivia, cousin Bini and Burgi, and Esther, bake with Johanna, and go and see a funny movie called "Vincent will meer" (play on words which means Vincent wants the sea basically). It was a fabulous weekend and I am always grateful to be back hanging out with my German family. The weather was pretty crappy the whole weekend long - on the cold side and sprinkling. It is supposed to warm up again this weekend - in perfect timing for AMSTERDAM! Oh I hope it is warm! Katie and I leave on Friday. She has it all our adventures planned out so I'm pretty excited. Her birthday in on Thursday so hopefully we will get to celebrate then too! Tomorrow I'm over to Ning's house for our Woman's lunch. She was in China last week and is bringing back Pecan nuts - so yummmmmy! Here is a picture of me in front of a house in Eichstätt that is covered in over 30,000 butterfly cutouts or something. Crazy! Maria and I wandered around the city on Saturday night and we saw... oh 5 people maybe. Not really a city people go out in! Ha!

Loving John Mayer (edge of desire, heartbreak warfare) and Airplanes right now.